A workspace is a virtual environment that groups systems, workflows, and studies to restrict user access to them: a user can access these resources only when granted the required permissions to that workspace.
Akamas defines two user roles according to the assigned permission on the workspace:
- Contributors (write permission) can create and manage workspace resources (studies, telemetry instances, systems, and workflows) and can also do exports/imports, view all global resources (Optimization Packs, and Telemetry Providers), and see remaining credits;
- Viewers (read permission) can only access optimization results but cannot create or modify workspace resources.
Workspaces and accesses are managed by users with administrative privileges. A user with administrator privileges can manage licenses, users, workspaces, and install/deinstall Optimization Packs, and Telemetry Providers.
Workspaces can be defined according to different criteria, such as:
- By department (e.g. Performance, Development)
- By initiative (e.g. Poc, Training)
- By application (e.g. Registry, Banking..)
A workspace is described by the following property:
- a name that uniquely identifies the workspace
The workspace a study belongs to is always displayed. Filters can be used to select only studies belonging to specific workspaces